Alpinestars GP Pro Leather Jacket
Closeout price hard to pass up
Fit's small compared to other Alpinestars jackets i have but nice and snug for leather
December 23, 2014
Stylish and functional! Ran a bit smaller than expected but wasn't restrictive for riding.
November 3, 2014
This product is greathe to wear and it's perfect for me.
October 13, 2014
The best for the price
Great jacket. I bought together with GP Plus Pants. Perfect 2 piece suite for me.
August 25, 2014
Buy This Jacket!!!
This jacket is without a doubt an amazing jacket. Last night I went for a ride after work and another driver in a car cut across 3 lanes of traffic on the freeway, cutting me off and I ended up dumping my bike. This jacket has protected me and I have absolutely no injuries to my upper body. Im a little banged up and sore but I would rather be sore and have a few bruises than broken bones or worse. I hit the ground going about 65mph and skidded for about 100 feet. My motorcycle skidded for about another 60 feet after that. If you are thinking about purchasing a leather jacket, even for street riding, this jacket will NOT let you down. Now that my jacket has served its purpose and protected me, I do need a new jacket and now that I have the opportunity for an upgrade, I am giving thought to purchasing another one of these for the sole fact that in the event that I get into an accident or go down, I know that this jacket will not let me down. I never had any problems with this jacket, it fits well, the protection is outstanding. Yes the ventilation could be just a little better, but I would rather be a little hot while riding then to go without having gear on at all. Plus with the jacket being a little warmer, depending upon where you live, I can wear this jacket very late into the season and still be comfortable while driving.
August 18, 2014
Maybey it's the one I have but it's screed up
The zipper brine off in the first week it was two stiff
And not mobile enough like the gp tech air. I think that
The leather they used was to thick because it just not
May 26, 2014
great comfort and great styling
- with the slightly smaller fit (get one size up from what you normally wear) its a perfect snug fit that doesn't require a lot of "break-in" time. comfortable right out the packaging.
- full protection similar to a full race suit without having to wear riding leather pants - as there is a zip up option on the bottom of the jacket for the pants for track days
- no need to layer up as there isn't much air flow (except for the arms) so it keeps you warm with just a t-shirt underneath from temps ranging from 40 - 65 degrees (testing thru Mt. Shasta, CA)
- aggressive riding position and sleek yet simple design
- gets too hot when reaching into the 80s (degrees)
- the white leather (i have the white/black/blue) gets dirty around the back of the neck and bottom where the sides are
- zipper stay velcro strap is a little flimsy
- with the wrong type of helmet, a full tuck position is nearly impossible as it hits the speed hump
December 17, 2013
Premium features are worth the price
Just bought this jacket in US size 40. Fit like it was custom cut for my frame, but that could just be pure luck - I took no risks and tried it first. Please note that beneath the GP Pro I wear a:
1. wicking, full arm polyester base layer
2. smartwool, full arm light insulating layer
3. full zip 'freeze out' jacket .
Why? Because I like to stay dry and warm. I dress for riding with the same logic as I dress for mountain hiking - I need to stay focused in a variety of environmental conditions. This jacket combined with these 3 basic layers works beautifully for my street riding in Northern California. Also note that I ride every day, rain or shine, hot or cold. The fact that I ride in Norcal is crucial because I ride 200 miles round trip per day from the North Bay all the way down to the peninsula. For those of you who know the area, that can mean in a single ride a temperature change of 30 degrees F, bone dry sun to soaking downfalls, and complete lack of wind to gale-force wind - yes, its crazy.
First ride out in this jacket - and that is exactly what happened. And the jacket was incredibly.....unnoticeable. That's right, I forgot that I was wearing it and have never been able to be so completely focused on my riding as ever before. Also, my Shoei Rf-1100 locks up nicely with the hump on this GP Pro jacket and significantly reduces turbulence at the back of my helmet.
In addition, I wanted a jacket that was track-ready and when I am track ready can get whatever size race pants I need to be comfortable. I wanted only one jacket that does everything, and this is it.
Also, think about WHY you want a jacket - if, like me, you ride often, in heavy traffic at high speeds, split lanes, in all types of inclement weather conditions, what to really carve mountain roads on the weekend and also take it right to the track - Pay the Premium - you won't regret it - it is for your own safety.
My ride: FZ6R.
November 20, 2013