Alpinestars GP Pro Leather Jacket (sz 56 only)
MotoGP jacket for a great price!
Bought it as a closeout item. It doesn't have any vents, but the air flows nicely through the arms and that's good enough for me considering how much protection this thing offers. And at the price of $299, it was a bargain. No other jacket can come close to the level of performance/protection and price as a new purchase. It does fit on the small side. However I measured myself according to the size chart and picked a 52. I like it and fits like it should, just like a glove, adjusted to my body but not too tight. With the break-in period, it should relax nicely. But no issue on riding position. For reference, I guess I'm on the slim side. 6'2" and 175-180 lbs. 40" chest and about 36" arms (according to my measurements). The only thing I have to work around with is the hump with my OGIO Mach 3 no drag backpack. I can still wear it, but feels a little weird, but I am willing to overlook it, since it was primarily built for the track, but it offers better protection and that's ultimately why I bought it. I got the Blue/Red/White combo and goes well with my SE CBR500R. Overall very pleased with the purchase.
February 23, 2015
Closeout price hard to pass up
Fit's small compared to other Alpinestars jackets i have but nice and snug for leather
December 23, 2014
Stylish and functional! Ran a bit smaller than expected but wasn't restrictive for riding.
November 3, 2014
This product is greathe to wear and it's perfect for me.
October 13, 2014
The best for the price
Great jacket. I bought together with GP Plus Pants. Perfect 2 piece suite for me.
August 25, 2014
Buy This Jacket!!!
This jacket is without a doubt an amazing jacket. Last night I went for a ride after work and another driver in a car cut across 3 lanes of traffic on the freeway, cutting me off and I ended up dumping my bike. This jacket has protected me and I have absolutely no injuries to my upper body. Im a little banged up and sore but I would rather be sore and have a few bruises than broken bones or worse. I hit the ground going about 65mph and skidded for about 100 feet. My motorcycle skidded for about another 60 feet after that. If you are thinking about purchasing a leather jacket, even for street riding, this jacket will NOT let you down. Now that my jacket has served its purpose and protected me, I do need a new jacket and now that I have the opportunity for an upgrade, I am giving thought to purchasing another one of these for the sole fact that in the event that I get into an accident or go down, I know that this jacket will not let me down. I never had any problems with this jacket, it fits well, the protection is outstanding. Yes the ventilation could be just a little better, but I would rather be a little hot while riding then to go without having gear on at all. Plus with the jacket being a little warmer, depending upon where you live, I can wear this jacket very late into the season and still be comfortable while driving.
August 18, 2014
Maybey it's the one I have but it's screed up
The zipper brine off in the first week it was two stiff
And not mobile enough like the gp tech air. I think that
The leather they used was to thick because it just not
May 26, 2014
great comfort and great styling
- with the slightly smaller fit (get one size up from what you normally wear) its a perfect snug fit that doesn't require a lot of "break-in" time. comfortable right out the packaging.
- full protection similar to a full race suit without having to wear riding leather pants - as there is a zip up option on the bottom of the jacket for the pants for track days
- no need to layer up as there isn't much air flow (except for the arms) so it keeps you warm with just a t-shirt underneath from temps ranging from 40 - 65 degrees (testing thru Mt. Shasta, CA)
- aggressive riding position and sleek yet simple design
- gets too hot when reaching into the 80s (degrees)
- the white leather (i have the white/black/blue) gets dirty around the back of the neck and bottom where the sides are
- zipper stay velcro strap is a little flimsy
- with the wrong type of helmet, a full tuck position is nearly impossible as it hits the speed hump
December 17, 2013