AFX FX-90 Danger Helmet (Size SM Only)
5 STARS. I LOVE IT LOOKS AND FITS GREAT AND WAS A GREAT BUY.
June 7, 2016
I like this helmet but I think they can do better.
April 5, 2016
Pretty dang good
For the price i honestly dont think you can beat this helmet. It is comfortable and to be a budget helmet has good airflow. open the mouth vent to get airflow, the top vents really dont do much but they do help. Somewhat of a loud helmet compared to my hjc but what can you expect for a sub $100 helmet. It has DOT and ECE certs so it has good protection. The fit is exactly how i would expect a helmet to fit, some play but ive had worse, fits snug but not to tight...overall i would give this helmet a 4/5 compared to other helmets. 5/5 compared to others in the price range
March 23, 2016
This helmet is a lot better looking then in the picture. I use this on my motorcycle snowmobiles and atv. The noise level is low. Fit was perfect.
January 19, 2016
Great looking helmet
The helmet fits great. It does whistle a little at higher speeds but nothing that is distracting or bothersome. Air flow could be a little better but I just crack the visor when I get to hot but I rarely have that issue. The price is great for the quality of the product. The helmet looks amazing and I can show my American Pride every time I get on my bike to ride I love it.
January 18, 2016
You get what you pay for
I've lived with this helmet for a little over a year, and while it's not the worst, it's also not great!
* Cool color, shape, and design
* Very comfortable liner
* Very Airy (although I think that's by poor design to some extent)
* Color faded within few months (now it's purple instead of blue)
* Fits slightly large, and "feels" and looks gigantic compared to every other helmet I've previously owned (5 in total). Unjustifiably bulky
* Aerodynamics are TERRIBLE! Every time I moved my head left and right to check for traffic, it felt like I was being smacked in the head (even going at moderate speeds of ~55 mph)
* THE NOISE! Oh dear God! Why is it noisy at 40 mph??? Feels like a terribly poor design. It is so bad that I can't hear my engine/exhaust even at such low speeds, no good! Yes, my baby purrs loud enough with other helmets on!
* Vents could have better placement.
You really get what you pay for. If you want something that looks cool (at first before it gets sunbleached in under 20 hours of riding), is somewhat comfortable, and is cheap, the fx-90 makes for a great second or even third helmet. With few improvements AFX could turn this into a solid helmet, but definitely not as it stands.
January 11, 2016
needed a helmet for my MSF course, perfect fit feels good. Not the best airflow, and gets very hot during the Texas weather.
October 2, 2015
Perfect for pillion
I picked up this helmet as a backup for me, and more specifically as a secondary helmet for any potential passengers.
This helmet is fairly priced with the minimum acceptable safety certifications. There are no specific bells or whistles that jump out on this piece of equipment, but that's not the appeal of it in the first place.
To be very specific the visor feels slightly flimsy and flexes more than I would like. There is a multitude of colors and styles available so your more artistically inclined purchasers should be satisfied.
Overall, this is a satisfactory helmet due to the inexpensive price point and diversity of color/style schemes. Do not take the 3 star rating to be bad in this case, it simply reflects the average nature of this piece of equipment.
July 17, 2015